Tuesday 11 November 2014

My Granny

Person

My Granny – I have three grandmothers: Nanna, Granna and Granny. But here I am describing my Granny. She is tall, around about as tall as my mum but shorter than my dad. She is on the thin side and has skin as wrinkly as the bark of a tree. She wears squarish glasses and has brown hair that is greying. She is normally cheerful but she can get cross sometimes (she used to be a teacher so she had some time to practise).

Family

My Granny is my Dad’s Mum. She is divorced now, which is how I got three grandmothers. She is the oldest out of herself and her two sisters. She has 2 sons and one daughter.  She has five grandsons and no granddaughters much to her dismay. I am her youngest grandson but only by 6 hours – two of us were born on the same day (very annoying for Granny because we were born in different cities and she couldn’t be in two places at once).

Hobbies

My Granny loves her crosswords, she sits there for hours solving crossword after crossword. She also loves jigsaw puzzles (there’s always one on the table). Sometimes Granny does a bit of gardening. Granny likes playing puzzle games on her computer when she runs out of crosswords. She volunteers a lot for various thing such as the citizens advice bureau, something were people help the old aged people work their computers (e.g. their teenage grandson buys them a laptop for their 80th and they can’t turn it on) and many other things. But the thing she likes most of all is spending time with her grandsons, who visit her constantly.

Funny Story


Granny practically always leaves stuff behind when she goes home. Things like hearing aids, glasses (you would have thought that was impossible), camera, and even her phone. She also drove off with my carseat when I was younger. There’s also granny’s shopping list, which is both confusing and funny. It has word like Broc-li = broccoli, gladly wrapped might mean glad wrap and I scream cones might mean Ice cream cones (that is only a small example of the crazy things on my Granny’s shopping list).

No comments:

Post a Comment